"I like to include these little smokies smothered in barbecue sauce on all my appetizer buffets since they're popular with both children and adults," says field editor Sundra Hauck of Bogalusa, Louisiana.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 package (1 pound) miniature smoked sausages
- 1 bottle (28 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on
- low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Serve with a slotted
- spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1,556 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.