Slow-Cooked Sloppy Joes Recipe
Slow cook your way to a crowd-pleasing entree! Ground beef is transformed into a classic sandwich filling with just a few pantry staples. —Joeanne Steras, Garrett, Pennsylvania
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 envelopes sloppy joe mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, sloppy joe mix, brown sugar and mustard.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until flavors are blended. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sandwich equals 337 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,251 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Sloppy Joes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC