Slow cook your way to a crowd-pleasing entree! Ground beef is transformed into a classic sandwich filling with just a few pantry staples. —Joeanne Steras, Garrett, Pennsylvania
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 envelopes sloppy joe mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, sloppy joe mix, brown sugar and mustard.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until flavors are blended. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p54
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review