Slow-Cooked Shredded Pork Recipe
The tasty pork filling for these sandwiches requires very little work because it's prepared in the slow cooker. The mild, sweet sauce is appealing. —Shirleymae Haefner, O'Fallon, Missouri
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 8 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. Combine the beer, chili sauce, brown sugar and horseradish; pour over pork and onion. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 6-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove pork; shred with two forks. Return meat to cooking juices; heat through. Use a slotted spoon to serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 413 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 847 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC