Slow-Cooked Shredded Pork Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 8 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. Combine the beer, chili sauce, brown sugar and horseradish; pour over pork and onion. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 6-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove pork; shred with two forks. Return meat to cooking juices; heat through. Use a slotted spoon to serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 413 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein .
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Shredded Pork
"I thought the pork tasted ok, but there really wasn't a sauce per se. It was pretty runny. I think it would have been more full-flavored had there not been so much liquid in the finished product. We still needed to put BBQ sauce on the sandwiches and even though we used a slotted spoon to serve it, our buns still got soaked."