The tasty pork filling for these sandwiches requires very little work because it's prepared in the slow cooker. The mild, sweet sauce is appealing. —Shirleymae Haefner, O'Fallon, Missouri
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 8 sandwich rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. Combine the beer, chili sauce, brown sugar and horseradish; pour over pork and onion. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 6-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork; shred with two forks. Return meat to cooking juices; heat through. Use a slotted spoon to serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Shredded Pork in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p100
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Shredded Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review