In Auburn, Kansas, Myra Innes finds it easy to feed a crowd with this tender and tasty beef on hamburger buns. "The recipe came from my grandchildren's third grade teacher, and it remains one of our favorites," she says.
Recommended: Slow Cooker Sandwich Recipes
- 1 boneless beef roast (3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine onion, vinegar, bay leaves, salt if desired, cloves and garlic powder; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until the meat is very tender. Discard bay leaves. Remove meat and shred with a fork. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Shredded Beef Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p45
Reviews for Slow Cooked Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2013
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2008
"easy recipe to throw together before you leave for the day.Family loved it.Makes enough for everyones lunch the next day."