Slow Cooked Shredded Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless beef roast (3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine onion, vinegar, bay leaves, salt if desired, cloves and garlic powder; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until the meat is very tender. Discard bay leaves. Remove meat and shred with a fork. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Shredded Beef Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p45
Reviews for Slow Cooked Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2013
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2008
"Easy recipe to throw together before you leave for the day.Family loved it.Makes enough for everyones lunch the next day."