Slow-Cooked Short Ribs Recipe
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 4-1/2 pounds boneless beef short ribs
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add ribs in batches and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown ribs in butter.
- Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Short Ribs
Sort By :
"Did not care for them when we ate them and then the aftertaste was extremely unpleasant."
"Absolutely excellent meal! Made it with beef and pork before, both were excellent. Has anyone made it with chicken before?"
"My Husband already wants me to make this again - BIG hit!"
"How was this possible that this was rated 4.5 stars? It was very tart....."
"Excellent flavor. My husband was impressed (and that's saying alot for him). I will end up making this alot. Easy to make. I followed the directions exactly. Thank you."