- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and apple is tender, stirring once. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Sausage Dressing
"I made this for my thanksgiving meal yesterday. My husbands comment was this is the only dressing you are going to make from now on. It turned out perfect. I did subsitite the pecans with dried cranberries because we are now big pecan fans. I cooked it for 3 hrs like some of the other reviews suggested. I didn't change anything else. this is now my stuffing recipe."
"This was an easy and delicious dressing. We eliminated the pecans because they are not a favorite in my household. I do like the suggestion of the dried cranberries though and will try that next time."
"This was great! Very easy. The apples cooked down and just gave an extra layer of flavor without being overpowering. Awesome dish!"
"Sounds awesome. This is my 1st Thanksgiving where I am cooking and with my dad being allergic to chicken and turkey its hard to find things without that stuff in there. So instead of chicken broth I am going to use vegetable broth. Thank you for sharing your recipe."
"This dressing is excellent and easy. I made it exactly as is, but think I'd replace the pecans w/ dried cranberries when I make it again. Cooked it on low for 4 hours which was too long, so will reduce it down to 3 hours the next time. Very tasty and a great leftover too! Keeper....."