Slow-Cooked Sausage Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and apple is tender, stirring once. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Sausage Dressing
Sort By :
"This was great! Very easy. The apples cooked down and just gave an extra layer of flavor without being overpowering. Awesome dish!"
"Sounds awesome. This is my 1st Thanksgiving where I am cooking and with my dad being allergic to chicken and turkey its hard to find things without that stuff in there. So instead of chicken broth I am going to use vegetable broth. Thank you for sharing your recipe."
"This dressing is excellent and easy. I made it exactly as is, but think I'd replace the pecans w/ dried cranberries when I make it again. Cooked it on low for 4 hours which was too long, so will reduce it down to 3 hours the next time. Very tasty and a great leftover too! Keeper....."
"This is very similar to the way I make stuffing, but I use pre-cooked turkey breakfast sausage, chopped, instead of the bulk sausage, and I use poultry seasoning instead of just the sage. I place several paper towels under the lid to absorb some of the steam. They get replaced with fresh ones when they become too wet. You could also use a tea towel."
"This is sooo good, I made 2 of this recipe one with the apples & the other with Ocean Spray dried cranberries they were both yummy!!"