Slow-Cooked Sage Dressing
Preparing this dressing in a slow cooker makes it moist and delicious. My family enjoys it so much that I serve it alongside a variety of main meals.—Ellen Benninger, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 14 to 15 cups day-old bread cubes
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups butter, melted
- Combine bread, celery, onion, sage, salt and pepper; mix well. Add
- butter and toss. Spoon into a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on
- low for 4-5 hours, stirring once. Yield: about 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 289 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.