Slow-Cooked Rump Roast Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 to 8 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1. Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown meat on all sides in oil over medium-high heat; drain. Place carrots and potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat and onions. Combine the water, horseradish sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and celery salt. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 378 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Rump Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.