Slow-Cooked Rump Roast Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 to 8 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown meat on all sides in oil over medium-high heat; drain. Place carrots and potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat and onions. Combine the water, horseradish sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and celery salt. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Rump Roast(4)
Sort By :
This recipe was an absolute hit with the family! Looking forward to making it again real soon.
This recipe is delicious. My husband and I loved it but the kids said it was sour...the horseradish....I made it again without the horseradish and even the kids loved it.
FANTASTIC...and I don't keep celery salt, so I substituted salt & fresh celery. Wait until you smell it cooking all day long...ugh..yum!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >
- Roast Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >