Slow-Cooked Round Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in 4 teaspoons oil. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until lightly browned; place over beef. Combine the soup, oregano and thyme; pour over onion. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (5 ounces) equals 224 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.