Slow-Cooked Round Steak
Quick-and-easy slow cooker recipes like this are a real plus, especially around the holidays. Serve these saucy steaks over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.
Dona McPherson, Spring, Texas
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and
- pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a
- large skillet, brown meat on both sides in 4 teaspoons oil. Place in
- a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until lightly
- browned; place over beef. Combine the soup, oregano and thyme; pour
- over onion. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is
- tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 224 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.