Slow-Cooked Round Steak Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in 4 teaspoons oil. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until lightly browned; place over beef. Combine the soup, oregano and thyme; pour over onion. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 224 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Round Steak
"I make this for my family often. They enjoy it!"
"The meat was very tender and the "gravy" was good. We paired it with a packet of beef flavored rice...yummy! we will def. make again...thinking about adding diced/chunky potatoes to slow cooker next time. I doubled the flour mix and made 2 packages of my meat (prolly doubled the amt. of beef) but left the rest the same. We will be freezing the leftovers for a quick meal to serve w/ minute rice for a busy night!"
"My family and neighbors have enjoyed me making this recipe. The meat just falls apart..which I love. So good!"
"I was pleasantly surprised to find the finished gravy in no need of thickening or added spices. I doubled the pepper (1/4 tsp) in the flour mixture. I also doubled the gravy mixture (the soup, oregano, and thyme), and it went so well over egg noodles. I cooked this for over 9 hours and the meat was fall-apart tender. This has become my favorite round steak recipe! -Lori in WI."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.