- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Drain drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Place potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, soup, milk, dressing mix and reserved drippings until blended; stir into potatoes. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Top with green onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Ranch Potatoes
"Instead of cream of potato soup, I made a white sauce; left out the bacon. It was very creamy and delicious. Thanks, Lynn, for sharing this recipe."
"Good but a little to salty for me."
"Made as directed with additional milk. To me these were just OK. The sauce is thick and heavy. It is very salty with the ranch mix and bacon and I love salt. The flavor is just ranch. I could hardly taste the bacon. I don't think I would ever make them again."
"After reading other reviews about this turning out a bit dry I cut the potatoes and bacon in half but used the full amount of the remaining ingredients. (Also used Cream of Mushroom soup because that is what I had.) They came out wonderfully "saucy" with the extra sauce good on a plain saut?ed chicken breast. I did add a bit of garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Next time I think I'll just brown a couple of chicken breasts and lay them on top of the potatoes in the slow-cooker with a sprinkle of paprika... easy-peasy one pot dinner! Oh, and 5 hours was plenty of time."
"Made this yesterday. Didn't have cream of potato soup so used cream of onion and added garlic. Also used Yukon Gold potatoes instead of red. Excellent recipe! Was done in under 5 hours. Will definitely make again!"