Slow-Cooked Ranch Potatoes
Even after seven years, my family still asks for this tasty potato and bacon dish. Try it once and I'll bet your family will be hooked, too. —Lynn Ireland, Lebanon, Wisconsin
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours.
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring
- occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Drain drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Place potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, beat cream cheese,
- soup, milk, dressing mix and reserved drippings until blended; stir
- into potatoes. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Top
- with green onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 230 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.