- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Drain drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Place potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, soup, milk, dressing mix and reserved drippings until blended; stir into potatoes. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Top with green onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Ranch Potatoes
Sort By :
Cooked these in the slow cooker, then I just baked some chicken breast to go with them. Was a great easy dinner.
I made this to take to my work Christmas potluck and it went over very well. I used turkey bacon so it didn't crisp up as well and didn't have the extra "drippings" to add, but it still tasted good. I also used low-fat cream cheese and skim milk and I don't think you could tell the difference. Still very creamy and flavorful. I used the crock-pot baggies to line my pot, so clean up was a breeze! Will make this one again.
Didn't have time to make in the crockpot so tried them in the oven, nice option for a different side dish. My family is big on bacon so I added a little extra. Next time will add a little more milk to give it a creamier texture .Might also add some garlic or garlic salt.
Great recipe!! I didn't add the bacon; i'm not much of a bacon person. I think fried onions would also be good mixed in. I had it in the slow cooker for 5 hours and they turned out tender as can be! I will be making this for a side at Thanksgiving!
Fixed this yesterday and it was great. I mixed more milk in before cooking, since other reviewers stated that they got a little dry. Also only cooked for 5 hours and they were done. Will be having these again.