Slow-Cooked Ranch Potatoes Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Drain drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Place potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, soup, milk, dressing mix and reserved drippings until blended; stir into potatoes. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Top with green onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Ranch Potatoes(12)
Sort By :
Didn't have time to make in the crockpot so tried them in the oven, nice option for a different side dish. My family is big on bacon so I added a little extra. Next time will add a little more milk to give it a creamier texture .Might also add some garlic or garlic salt.
Great recipe!! I didn't add the bacon; i'm not much of a bacon person. I think fried onions would also be good mixed in. I had it in the slow cooker for 5 hours and they turned out tender as can be! I will be making this for a side at Thanksgiving!
Fixed this yesterday and it was great. I mixed more milk in before cooking, since other reviewers stated that they got a little dry. Also only cooked for 5 hours and they were done. Will be having these again.
Good option for a side. I made this in one slow cooker and the marinated chicken wings in another and we had a great dinner. Next time I will beat the cream cheese longer, it came out a little weird because I simply mixed it by hand.
Had this last night. This could be a meal on its own. I would make it a little bit creamier next time (more milk, maybe?), but a great recipe. I did cook it on low for 8 hours, and it was ready before then (did not take note of time it was done). Definitely a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Potatoes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potato Recipes >