Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork Recipe
Every time I bring this dish to a potluck I get asked, "Where did you get the pork?" People are surprised to hear me say that I made it. When I tell them how simple the recipe is, they are doubly surprised. The two-step process fits the demanding schedule of any teachereasy to make and easy to serve.Betsy Rivas, Chesterfield, Missouri
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut in half
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hickory Liquid Smoke, optional
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, 1 tablespoon pepper, salt, chili powder and cayenne. Rub over roast; cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place roast in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the vinegar, broth, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Liquid Smoke, if desired, and remaining pepper; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from slow cooker; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup on each roll. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p70
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Seasonings >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >