Slow-Cooked Pork Verde Recipe
Comforting and hearty, this midweek entree is perfect winter fare. Serve with French bread and a salad for a well-rounded supper. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place in slow cooker. Add the beans, enchilada sauce and cilantro. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove roast to a serving platter; keep warm.
- 2. Skim fat from cooking juices. Transfer the cooking liquid, carrots and beans to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC