Slow-Cooked Pork Roast Dinner Recipe
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds), halved
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients until blended. Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Place roast, potatoes and carrots over onion. Pour sauce mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until pork and potatoes are tender.
- 2. Remove roast and vegetables from slow cooker; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork with 2/3 cup vegetables and 1/3 cup sauce equals 304 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 401 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork Roast Dinner
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.