- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the pork, potatoes and carrots. Whisk the hot water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder; pour over pork and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork Roast Dinner
Sort By :
"Oh my gosh, is this good!!!! Wonderful flavor. Making it again!!!!"
"I used onions from the garden and dried carrots from last years garden and my whole family loved this recipe. The roast was tender and juicy and the gravy was rich and the best I'd had in quite a while."
"I almost didn't make this recipe based upon the few negative reviews. I thought it was great recipe. I love slow cooker roast recipes with the vegetables included, then I get my whole meal prepared at once! I didn't find the vinegar to be overwhelming. My whole family enjoyed the meal."
"There was simply an overpowering taste of vinegar. Plus when I made the "gravy" it was so thick it looked like tapioca. I'm not sure the ketchup was necessary, either. But, this is just my opinion..."
"This dish was easy to make. The the meat & veggies cooked up great and I had even put the pork in still frozen. My family & I just didn't care for the seasoning."