Slow-Cooked Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute onion and celery until tender; add to slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine gravy mix and water. Stir in the remaining ingredients; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken if desired. Serve with roast. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup juices equals 204 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.