Slow-Cooked Pork Loin
Sweet apple undertones lend special flair to Kathleen Hendrick’s low-calorie pork loin. The Alexandria, Kentucky cook tops it with gravy for down-home appeal, creating a slimmed-down dish that’ll keep them coming back for more!
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all
- sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute
- onion and celery until tender; add to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine gravy mix and water. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or
- until meat is tender. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken if
- desired. Serve with roast. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork with 1/3 cup juices equals 204 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,