Slow-Cooked Pork Loin Recipe
Sweet apple undertones lend special flair to Kathleen Hendrick’s low-calorie pork loin. The Alexandria, Kentucky cook tops it with gravy for down-home appeal, creating a slimmed-down dish that’ll keep them coming back for more!
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute onion and celery until tender; add to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine gravy mix and water. Stir in the remaining ingredients; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken if desired. Serve with roast. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Pork Loin in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p59
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork Loin(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >