Slow Cooked Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1. Place potatoes in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil in batches.
- 2. Place chops over potatoes. Saute onions in drippings until tender; place over chops. Melt butter in skillet. Combine the flour, salt, pepper and broth until smooth. Stir into pan. Add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Pour sauce over onions. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork is tender. Skim fat and thicken cooking juices if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 3/4 cup potatoes equals 372 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Slow Cooked Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.