Slow-Cooked Pork Barbecue
Connie Johnson from Springfield, Missouri needs only five ingredients to fix this sweet and tender pork for sandwiches. "Feel free to adjust the sauce ingredients to suit your family's tastes," she suggests.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cola, divided
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 10 sandwich buns, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with
- seasoned salt and garlic powder. Pour 1/4 cup cola over roast. Cover
- and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to
- slow cooker. Combine barbecue sauce and remaining cola; pour over
- meat. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until sauce is
- thickened. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 410 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 886 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.