Slow-Cooked Pork Barbecue Recipe
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cola, divided
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 10 sandwich buns, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and garlic powder. Pour 1/4 cup cola over roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker. Combine barbecue sauce and remaining cola; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until sauce is thickened. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork Barbecue(5)
Sort By :
I used a pork loin. Next time I think I would just use a pork roast. The seasoned salt and garlic gave this a good flavor. I used diet Pepsi as my soda. Very tender. I like lots of BBQ sauce so added extra.
I would definitely make this receipe again. I took it to a church potluck and it went over great!
yes, but with changes by using Mrs Dash seasonings. It has far to much sodium and cholesterol, but very tasty. I could only eat 1/4 of the sandwich because of the sodium content.
This turned out awesome. The garlic powder and salt were the base for the flavor. I used the hickory and brown sugar bottled BBQ sauce and found I needed to add another bottle. Then it was perfect. Excellent for a football party.
This was okay, just not very flavorful. We'll try a different pork barbecue recipe next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >