Slow-Cooked Pork and Beans
I like to get this dish started before leaving for work in the morning. When I get home, my supper's ready! It's a hearty slow cooker meal that is also good for a potluck. A generous helping of tender pork and beans is perfect alongside a slice of warm corn bread. —Patricia Hager, Nicholasville, Kentucky
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (3 pounds)
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. In a
- large bowl, combine the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and
- garlic powder; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; shred with two forks. Return meat to slow cooker; heat
- through. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 217 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.