I like to get this dish started before leaving for work in the morning. When I get home, my supper's ready! It's a hearty slow cooker meal that is also good for a potluck. A generous helping of tender pork and beans is perfect alongside a slice of warm corn bread. —Patricia Hager, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. In a large bowl, combine the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; shred with two forks. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Pork and Beans in Taste of Home
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork and Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review