Bacon adds subtle smokiness to this hearty side that's loaded with flavor. Serve it over rice for a tasty main dish. —Sue Livermore, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Pork & Beans in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p18
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork & Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review