Slow-Cooked Pork & Beans Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork & Beans(4)
Sort By :
These beans had a fairly good flavor to them though I am not a lover of vinegar and forgot to adjust that to my taste and followed the recipe exactly; therefore, I didn't enjoy them that much. I also only have an 8 qt. crock pot and by the time my ribs were done on the grill, the beans were dried out. I'll try this again making the adjustment in both flavor and time.
My aunt made these for Christmas and my husband loved them so I made them for Mother's Day and everyone loved them. They are a little on the sweet side for me but I'm fussy that way. So quick to throw together.
These beans are so good every one wants the recipe. I made thes several time ,this is a keeper. Maryjayne
This very simple slow cooker recipe makes the most delicious pork and beans. Make it for a crowd, or you will be eating leftovers for a week, but it is SO GOOD.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Side Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >