Slow-Cooked Pork & Beans Recipe
Bacon adds subtle smokiness to this hearty side that's loaded with flavor. Serve it over rice for a tasty main dish. —Sue Livermore, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 319 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC