Slow-Cooked Pork & Beans Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 319 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 9g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork & Beans
"While I loved the mix of beans, this recipe had way too much vinegar for me."
"These beans had a fairly good flavor to them though I am not a lover of vinegar and forgot to adjust that to my taste and followed the recipe exactly; therefore, I didn't enjoy them that much. I also only have an 8 qt. crock pot and by the time my ribs were done on the grill, the beans were dried out. I'll try this again making the adjustment in both flavor and time."
"These beans are so good every one wants the recipe. I made thes several time ,this is a keeper. Maryjayne"
"This very simple slow cooker recipe makes the most delicious pork and beans. Make it for a crowd, or you will be eating leftovers for a week, but it is SO GOOD."
"so easy & delicious! sweet, tangy & smoky. I've made it a couple of times now. People always ask for the recipie. It's usually better the next day, so you might want to make it ahead of time & reheat it."
"These beans are WONDERFUL! Make the just exactly like the recipe tells you. I take these to church potlucks and they are scrapping the bottom of the pot for every last drop."
"Made this recipe and took it to a church luncheon this passed Wednesday. Everyone thought it was wonderful. While it was cooking my son thought it was a good smelling dish, wishing some would come home for his taste test. (enough for one bowl did return for him)Would still be good without all that bacon."
"I would for sure make this again BUT I added ground chuck to it also!!! Everyone loved it..."
"This takes me back to my Minnesota days . .. . . fantstic."
"Alot like Calico Beans, without the hamburger."
"Made this receipe for a summer family b-day party and it was the best. I am going to make this again for a winter family party, the different beans set this aside from standard bean dishes. Tastes even better if you can make ahead, let flavors marry, and serve a couple days later."
"I used turkey bacon instead of the regular bacon. It was very good."
"Loved the flavor of the beans. I served mine with rice and it was a hit!"
"I think the variety of beans is a plus. Delicious recipe! I loved it!"
"To many kinds of beans!!"