"A friend from church gave me the recipe for this satisfying casserole for the slow cooker," reports Julie Sterchi of Jackson, Missouri. "It's always one of the first dishes emptied at potlucks, and it can easily be adapted to personal tastes."
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, salt, garlic powder, oregano and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon half of mixture into a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with half of the noodles, pepperoni and cheeses. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Casserole in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p61
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pizza Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review