Slow-Cooked Peachy Spareribs Recipe
Canned peaches make a delightful addition to the sauce I use to flavor my spareribs. Serve over rice, these sweet-tangy ribs make a sensational meal any time of the year.—Jeanne Brino, Woodbury, Minnesota
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. In a large skillet, brown ribs on all sides; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the peaches, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove pork and peaches to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and rice. Yield: 8 servings.
6 ounces cooked meat (calculated without rice) equals 518 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Peachy Spareribs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC