- 4 pounds tomatoes (about 12 medium), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 4 medium), divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in 2 cups peaches. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until onion is tender.
- Stir tomato paste and remaining peaches into slow cooker. Cool. Transfer to covered containers. (If freezing, use freezer-safe containers and fill to within 1/2 in. of tops.) Refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen salsa in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 11 cups.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Peach Salsa in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Peach Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review