Slow-Cooked Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Additional minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking liquid. Cover and cook on high for 30-45 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice and sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 364 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Orange Chicken
"Have to try this slow cook chicken soon. Also notice it is *diabetic friendly* which suits me. Thank you."
"I made the Orange Chicken in the slow cooker when I got home from church today. I loved it. I did not add any mushrooms that it called for. I also did not add any Bell Green Pepper either. But, I loved it anyway. Yes, I will make it again."
"Nice and easy"
"Not enough flavor...Will not make this again"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.