Slow-Cooked Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Additional minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking liquid. Cover and cook on high for 30-45 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice and sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Orange Chicken
Sort By :
Have to try this slow cook chicken soon. Also notice it is *diabetic friendly* which suits me. Thank you.
I made the Orange Chicken in the slow cooker when I got home from church today. I loved it. I did not add any mushrooms that it called for. I also did not add any Bell Green Pepper either. But, I loved it anyway. Yes, I will make it again.
Nice and easy
Not enough flavor...Will not make this again
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >