Slow-Cooked Minestrone Soup Recipe
"When this hearty minestrone has about 30 minutes left to cook, I add the macaroni," says Kara De la vega of Suisun, California. "Then there's time to toss together a salad and slice some French bread."
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup cubed deli ham
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cook for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are almost tender.
- 2. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, stir in the macaroni. Cover and cook until macaroni is tender. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach; heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 112 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 885mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Minestrone Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC