Chopped onion and garlic plus spicy seasonings add outstanding flavor to this slow-cooked meat loaf.—Charlotte Rogers, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Recommended: 52 Impressive Slow Cooker Recipes to Wow Your Guests
- 6 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 saltines, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Cut three 20-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, saltines, onion, garlic, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a round loaf. Place in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Using foil strips as handles, remove the meat loaf to a platter.
- Spread remaining ketchup over top. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p19
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Mexican Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review