Slow-Cooked Meatball Stew Recipe
"I came up with this hearty meal-in-one as another way to use frozen meatballs," reports Iris Schultz of Miamisburg, Ohio. "It's quick to put together in the morning and ready when my husband gets home in the evening."
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1. Place the potatoes, carrots, onion, celery and meatballs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatball mixture.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 291 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,400 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC