- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked home-style meatballs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- Place the potatoes, carrots, onion, celery and meatballs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatball mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Meatball Stew
"My husband and I liked this. It reminded us of Campbell's Chunky soup, but better. I served this over egg noodles w/ some rolls. I made my own meatballs that day, so they weren't frozen. Since they were fresh I added in about 1/2 C of water to the mix. Next time I might make it more like 1/4C. The meatballs were just ok (taken from TOH "Garlic Lover's Meatballs & Sauce"). I will try my go-to meatball recipe next time instead, and make them smaller. I may also add in some different veggies next time. Overall, a nice hearty meal for a cold windy day. I'd make this again."
"Good stew. The only thing I will change is substituting another can of beef gravy instead of onion soup mix."
"A keeper indeed! Saved time by putting in the baby carrots whole & not peeling potatoes. Delicious!- Theresa"
"This is a keeper! I was looking to spicy up my stew recipe, and this helped! The meatballs were a nice addition that the kids loved. I did substitute the beef gravy for beef broth, so it was a bit more of a soup than a stew. But the flavors were delicious and it was a hit in our family!"
"Made this for dinner yesterday. I love slow cooking and I'll be making this one again. I loved the stew taste but with meatballs. Really liked the sauce. Family member wants it over rice next time."
"have not made yet, but would like to ask tagy66, when you used 2 env of onion soup (in place of beef boullion) did you have enough liquid. Thanks, Sukie"
"Great recipe. For a change, I cut up a cooked beef roast (as a substitute for meatballs) and added a can of flavored petite tomatoes. In the last half hour I turned the crock pot on high and added a little thickening. Yumm!"
"Excellent recipe! Hubby isn't one for stew but this one he asked for seconds and also said to definitely make it again. It's also easy on the wallet which is a big help these days. Thank you for such a terrific recipe!"
"Did not like the taste. wouldn't make it again."
"My family loves this recipe and the meatballs are easy for my toddlers to eat."