- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- Place the potatoes, carrots, onion, celery and meatballs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatball mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Meatball Stew
Sort By :
"A keeper indeed! Saved time by putting in the baby carrots whole & not peeling potatoes. Delicious!- Theresa"
"This is a keeper! I was looking to spicy up my stew recipe, and this helped! The meatballs were a nice addition that the kids loved. I did substitute the beef gravy for beef broth, so it was a bit more of a soup than a stew. But the flavors were delicious and it was a hit in our family!"
"Made this for dinner yesterday. I love slow cooking and I'll be making this one again. I loved the stew taste but with meatballs. Really liked the sauce. Family member wants it over rice next time."
"have not made yet, but would like to ask tagy66, when you used 2 env of onion soup (in place of beef boullion) did you have enough liquid. Thanks, Sukie"
"Great recipe. For a change, I cut up a cooked beef roast (as a substitute for meatballs) and added a can of flavored petite tomatoes. In the last half hour I turned the crock pot on high and added a little thickening. Yumm!"