- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- Place the potatoes, carrots, onion, celery and meatballs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatball mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Meatball Stew
"My husband and I liked this. It reminded us of Campbell's Chunky soup, but better. I served this over egg noodles w/ some rolls. I made my own meatballs that day, so they weren't frozen. Since they were fresh I added in about 1/2 C of water to the mix. Next time I might make it more like 1/4C. The meatballs were just ok (taken from TOH "Garlic Lover's Meatballs & Sauce"). I will try my go-to meatball recipe next time instead, and make them smaller. I may also add in some different veggies next time. Overall, a nice hearty meal for a cold windy day. I'd make this again."
"Good stew. The only thing I will change is substituting another can of beef gravy instead of onion soup mix."
"A keeper indeed! Saved time by putting in the baby carrots whole & not peeling potatoes. Delicious!- Theresa"
"This is a keeper! I was looking to spicy up my stew recipe, and this helped! The meatballs were a nice addition that the kids loved. I did substitute the beef gravy for beef broth, so it was a bit more of a soup than a stew. But the flavors were delicious and it was a hit in our family!"
"Made this for dinner yesterday. I love slow cooking and I'll be making this one again. I loved the stew taste but with meatballs. Really liked the sauce. Family member wants it over rice next time."