"I came up with this hearty meal-in-one as another way to use frozen meatballs," reports Iris Schultz of Miamisburg, Ohio. "It's quick to put together in the morning and ready when my husband gets home in the evening."
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots, quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- Place the potatoes, carrots, onion, celery and meatballs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meatball mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Meatball Stew in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p49
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Meatball Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review