Slow-Cooked Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 8 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 small red potatoes
- In a bowl, beat egg and milk. Stir in the bread cubes, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper. Add the beef and mix well. Shape into a round loaf. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Spread ketchup on top of loaf. Arrange carrots around loaf. Peel a strip around the center of each potato; place potatoes over carrots.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 7-8 hours longer or until no pink remains in the meat and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Meat Loaf(3)
Sort By :
We have made this several times and always enjoy it. We add 1/2 a chopped onion and 1/2 a pepper, and chili sauce with a teaspoon (or two) hot horseradish instead of ketchup. Easy and delicious.
Thank you for the great recipe !!
Follow recipe and you will not be dissapointed !!
Tasty, slices well, tender veggies, and EASY !!
i usually make meatloaf with either bbq sauce or cream of onion soup instead of ketchup on top.. i liked that everything was done in the slowcooker... added alot of seasonings and still thought it was missing something tho...i thought it was ok, but my family said it was good
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >