- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Place chicken in a 4 or
- 5-qt. slow cooker; add reserved marinade. Cover and cook on low for
- 7-8 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking
- juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the
- saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in the oranges, green pepper and olives if desired.
- Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without olives and rice) equals 396 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 1,323 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.