Slow-Cooked Mac 'n' Cheese Recipe
Slow-Cooked Mac 'n' Cheese: the words alone are enough to make most mouths water. Shelby Molina's recipe is a clear example of comfort food at it's finest; it's rich, hearty and extra-cheesy. And because it's made in the slow cooker, it's also extremely easy.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours YIELD:9 servings
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the evaporated milk, milk, eggs, butter and salt. Stir in the cheddar cheese, 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese and macaroni.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until center is set, stirring once. Sprinkle with remaining sharp cheddar cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 415 calories, 28 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 745 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC