- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 10 cups)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- Place potatoes and onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker; add broth, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency. Stir in cream cheese, cream and butter. Cook, covered, 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Just before serving, whisk soup to combine. Top servings with bacon, cheese and chives. Yield: 12 servings (4 quarts).
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Loaded Potato Soup in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Loaded Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2014
My family loved this soup...and they aren't big soup eaters! I added some leftover corn which also worked well. They all agreed this was "repeat-worthy". Thanks!