- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 10 cups)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- Place potatoes and onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker; add broth, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency. Stir in cream cheese, cream and butter. Cook, covered, 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Just before serving, whisk soup to combine. Top servings with bacon, cheese and chives. Yield: 12 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Loaded Potato Soup
"This recipe is very easy to throw together. It's great for a weeknight meal. I like to leave the skins on the potato."
"I made this and I love it! Definitely a keeper!"
"We made this at work for one of our weekly lunches. Two full crockpots and there was nothing left! We also added some mined garlic and a bit more pepper, gave it a bit more spice."
"This was easy to make and had great flavor. I wish that the cream cheese had mixed in a bit better. I left the skin on the potatoes because my boys really like the flavor skins add. Everyone agreed it was a do again."
"Super easy and everyone loved! Even co-workers asked for the recipe after they tried it! Added some corn and chopped ham to add some more bulk as a twist. Def making again!! Thanks!"