- Just before serving, stir cream into slow cooker. In a small skillet,
- heat butter over medium heat. Add cumin seeds; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes or until golden brown. Add to lentil mixture.
- To serve, spoon over rice. Sprinkle with green onions or cilantro if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 1-1/3 cups stew with 3/4 cup rice equals 499 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 17 g fiber, 17 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now