These spuds do a slow simmer with carrots and onion for a comfort side that bucks up any entree. Finish with a sprinkle of chives. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
- 4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- Place carrots and onion in a 4-qt. slow cooker; top with potatoes. Drizzle with melted butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Add peas to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in lemon peel. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Lemony Spring Veggies in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p76
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Lemony Spring Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review