Slow-Cooked Lemon Red Potatoes
Butter, lemon juice, parsley and chives enhance this simple side dish. They also cook up nicely in a slow cooker.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a strip of peel from around the middle of each potato. Place
- potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the butter, lemon juice, parsley and chives. Pour over
- potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6
Editor's Note: If you are making these for company and need to save the stovetop for other dishes, the potatoes may be cooked in a slow cooker. Just place the potatoes and 1/4 cup water in a covered 3-qt. slow cooker for 2-1/2 to 3 hours on high. Then proceed as recipe directs.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without salt and pepper) equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.