Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Baste chicken with cooking juices. Add parsley. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. If desired, remove chicken to a platter and keep warm; thicken cooking juices. Serve over chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken
Sort By :
I've learned that today's slow cookers are a lot hotter than the old ones. With that in mind, I cut back the time to about 4 hours and had a moist, flavorful chicken. The cooking juices would make a flavorful gravy or base to soup.
I plan to make this recipe this week but I like using chicken thighs.for their flavor and moistness. I will let you know how it turns out. I did make this recipe with chicken thighs and it turned out great. I floured and browned the thighs so the sauce had some body to it. I cooked it on the stove in my dutch kettle slowly since my crock pot is too large for the four thighs I cooked. I change my rating to 4 stars.
This was terrible. Sorry but it had hardly any flavor and was not moist in my opinion.
Most flavorful chicken and moist. I look forward to making this dish again.
Great recipe! Made yesterday for lunch. Used boneless chicken breasts and reduced the sauce slightly to pour over the chicken. My husband isn't quite as fond of lemon but he still enjoyed the dish. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Lemon Chicken >
- Rice Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice >