Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Baste chicken with cooking juices. Add parsley. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. If desired, remove chicken to a platter and keep warm; thicken cooking juices. Serve over chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken
Sort By :
"I read the reviews prior to trying this and I too, used boneless thighs and added a can of cream of mushroom soup, without altering the lemon juice or any of the other ingredients. Delicious! My picky husband LOVED this! My new go to chicken recipe! It would be amazing with mushrooms!"
"Flavor was good, but meat wasn't tender."
"I made this last night and it was amazing with a few modifications. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and followed a few of the reviews on the recipe. I used less lemon juice because I didn't want the lemon to be too overpowering. I sauteed fresh mushrooms and spinach in the lemon/water mixture. I then poured that over the chicken in the crockpot and added a can of cream of mushroom soup. I added the soup because I wanted more sauce to serve over rice. I also only cooked it for 3 hours on low in my crockpot. The chicken was very moist and flavorful. I think I have a new favorite recipe!"
"I've learned that today's slow cookers are a lot hotter than the old ones. With that in mind, I cut back the time to about 4 hours and had a moist, flavorful chicken. The cooking juices would make a flavorful gravy or base to soup."
"I plan to make this recipe this week but I like using chicken thighs.for their flavor and moistness. I will let you know how it turns out. I did make this recipe with chicken thighs and it turned out great. I floured and browned the thighs so the sauce had some body to it. I cooked it on the stove in my dutch kettle slowly since my crock pot is too large for the four thighs I cooked. I change my rating to 4 stars."