Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Baste the chicken. Add parsley. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. If desired, thicken cooking juices and serve over chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken(19)
Sort By :
great recipe. i used boneless chicken and it was great. next time i will use more lemon juice and a bit less time - it was for 3 hours on low. overall awesome dinner
This recipe was a big hit! It was easy to put together and very flavorful and tender. This one will be going on the "heavy rotation" at my house.
So tender - the chicken falls off the bone when ready to serve. I add a can of cream of chicken soup (or mushroom ) & fresh mushrooms so it makes a nice gravy to serve over the meal. It's one of our favorite chicken dishes and so easy!
I love this recipe, I've made it many times. I like to substitute real lemons in for the lemon juice. I find that real lemons have a softer taste than store bought juice. I usually cut 1 lemon in half, squeeze out the juice from one half and then cut the other half in slices and throw them in too.
Recently I tried this recipe in a clay baker, and it turned out fabulous as well. I wouldn't hesitate to do it in the oven again. I agree with another comment, that it doesn't hurt to add additional other ingredients, while keeping the lemon the same, but either way it's great!
This was delicious. I followed the suggestions of others to double all ingredients except lemon juice. I thickened the sauce with a little flour and it was so good! Well definitely make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Lemon Chicken >
- Rice Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice >