Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Baste chicken with cooking juices. Add parsley. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. If desired, remove chicken to a platter and keep warm; thicken cooking juices. Serve over chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken
Sort By :
"Flavor was good, but meat wasn't tender."
"I made this last night and it was amazing with a few modifications. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and followed a few of the reviews on the recipe. I used less lemon juice because I didn't want the lemon to be too overpowering. I sauteed fresh mushrooms and spinach in the lemon/water mixture. I then poured that over the chicken in the crockpot and added a can of cream of mushroom soup. I added the soup because I wanted more sauce to serve over rice. I also only cooked it for 3 hours on low in my crockpot. The chicken was very moist and flavorful. I think I have a new favorite recipe!"
"I've learned that today's slow cookers are a lot hotter than the old ones. With that in mind, I cut back the time to about 4 hours and had a moist, flavorful chicken. The cooking juices would make a flavorful gravy or base to soup."
"I plan to make this recipe this week but I like using chicken thighs.for their flavor and moistness. I will let you know how it turns out. I did make this recipe with chicken thighs and it turned out great. I floured and browned the thighs so the sauce had some body to it. I cooked it on the stove in my dutch kettle slowly since my crock pot is too large for the four thighs I cooked. I change my rating to 4 stars."
"This was terrible. Sorry but it had hardly any flavor and was not moist in my opinion."