- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Baste chicken with cooking juices. Add parsley. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. If desired, remove chicken to a platter and keep warm; thicken cooking juices. Serve over chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken
"I added a can of cream of mushroom soup because I wanted a little gravy to serve with the chicken over rice but I think next time I'll follow the recipe as posted. The chicken had really good flavor."
"Made it exactly to recipe but used thighs as we love dark meat. Was a hit."
"We use the brown rice, which made it a lot tastier than with the white. Excellent recipe."
"Cooked nicely, but it lacked flavor for us. I even added extra garlic and mushrooms."
"I have made this recipe for many years. It is a definite favorite with the family. The only thing is I increase the sauce part so we have some to put over the rice or potatoes."