- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) herb and garlic pasta sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce; heat through. In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella and ricotta cheeses, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce in an oval 3-qt. slow cooker. Break one lasagna noodle into three pieces. Layer 1-1/3 noodles over sauce, breaking noodles to fit as necessary. Top with 2/3 cup meat sauce and 1-1/3 cups cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Lasagna
Sort By :
"Great Recipe - I have an oblong slow cooker and you can't mess this up even if you use the uncooked noodles. Just go a little longer in your cooker. This is as good as any traditional lasagna I've ever made. And believe me, I've crushed tomatoes with my hands to make lasagna. I've made the noodles myself. This is a great recipe. For the sauce I actually use a sauce that has sausage in it - you get a mix of the burger or (turkey if you chose that for the browned meat), but that way you get a mix of flavors. It's fabulous. Don't pass up on the Ricotta, Parmesan, Mozzarella. You can't do it every day for sure, but you only live once. Love this recipe..."
"I made this for supper a couple of months ago and was pleasantly surprised. So, I might add, was my husband who is a picky eater.He would have gone back for thirds, but I said he'd had enough (he's diabetic so have to watch his intake on carbs, etc). As to whether I'll make it again....I'm doing so this weekend, and it is in all of my recipe boxes!"
"excellent recipe, took it to a football party - was a great success"
"Did not like this at all. Dry and not flavorful. Maybe because I used a larger crock pot? I cooked it for only 4 hours and did everything else the recipe said. Will not make again. Like the oven version better! Sorry!"
"I have to say I was a bit wary of this recipe but it came out excellent. It is hard to please my picky eaters but this did the trick."